About the Agency for Governmental IT Services
The Agency for Governmental IT Services is an agency of The Ministry of Finance Group, which provides IT Services to 12 ministries and more than 17.000 users.
The Agency for Governmental IT-services is responsible for operating an effective IT support service and for ensuring a high quality and consistent IT Service across the Danish government. Our main tasks include the development and harmonization of IT in the government and providing operational support.
In the next 4 years, our portfolio will expand with those state institutions, which currently stands outside a larger IT community. That means 17,000 additional users. We will furthermore take over the responsibility for outsourced IT operations and supplier management from our new customers.
The Agency for Governmental IT Services was established in 2010 as the result of a merger of eight ministerial IT operations organizations.
In the period 2010 to 2014, we implemented a number of projects that have created a series of standardized common platforms and processes that are now the basis for the participating institutions' daily IT operation.
The transformation from differentiated heterogeneous IT environments to standardized and homogenized environments on an inter-governmental level was a large and complex task but proved successful.
Today, the Agency for Governmental IT Services acts as the Danish state's internal IT operations organization.
Advantages of collective IT operation
- Higher level of IT security: The Danish Agency for Governmental IT Services has been certified with the IT security standard ISO27001.
- Managerial focus: Managerial focus on IT operations result in better capacity utilization and asset maintenance.
- Increased transparency: The collection of IT operations results in increased transparency of operating costs across the state and increased cost awareness.
- Larger volume: Increased volume to harvest economies of scale and ensure sufficient professional specialization and quality in the task solution.
- More standardization: Standardization of IT systems across the state increases efficiency and flexibility.